definition

Com´mon`ty

n.

1.

(Scots Law) A common; a piece of land in which two or more persons have a common right.



Friday, November 21, 2014

CS Artist Bursary for writer Karen Campbell

From Carolyn Yates

Local writer Karen Campbell has been awarded a £15,000 Creative Scotland Artists Bursary to help develop her next novel.

These prestigious bursaries are designed to support excellence and experimentation across all the arts, and Karen - who's originally from Glasgow, but now lives and writes in Gatehouse - is one of only a handful of writers to recieve such support. The Creative Scotland panel said they were 'struck by the quality and strength' of Karen's work to date.

The new novel - Karen' seventh - will be set in Tuscany in World War Two. She said: 'I'm absolutely delighted. It's a real vote of confidence in my writing. I've never written a historical novel before, so this bursary will be a big help in allowing me time to write, as well as giving me the chance to travel and properly research my story, and I'm really grateful.'



No comments:

Post a Comment