definition

Com´mon`ty

n.

1.

(Scots Law) A common; a piece of land in which two or more persons have a common right.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Research into Creative Industries

An important piece of research into the creative sector across the South of
Scotland has been commissioned by Dumfries and Galloway and Scottish Borders
Councils. The research will be carried out by EKOS Economic and Social
Research and is funded by Creative Scotland and the two Councils. It
will assess the impact of arts businesses on the local economy and look at
what they contribute to communities and the environment in the South of
Scotland.

During the next few weeks EKOS will be contacting practitioners, businesses
and organisations to conduct short telephone interviews as part of the
research. 



The information gathered through these interviews will:
- be invaluable in giving an insight into how small businesses in the
creative sector are faring in the current economic climate.
- identify what support would be needed to nurture the sector's growth.
- be of great assistance to the process of securing increased investment in
the sector.

If you would like to know more about the study please contact: Lesley
Rogers, Creative Arts Business Development Officer, Dumfries and Galloway
Council, Telephone: 07747040732 or by emailing: lesley.rogers@dumgal.gov.uk

12 comments:

  1. They asked me how many paintbrushes I get through in a year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They asked me if I ever employed consultants for my business...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Economic impact studies completed by Todd Associates in 2000, 2005 and most recently in 2008 found that the sector contributes around £7.1 million per annum to the regional economy and generates around 740 jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps I am being a bit cynical but why is this information required? For whom? and for what purposes?
    There appears to be more surveys/audits than one can shake a stick at these days and for what ends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They asked me for Rihanna's phone number

    ReplyDelete
  7. They asked me for the number of my gardener..

    ReplyDelete
  8. They asked me if I thought the band would have been more successful if we had spelt Frank correctly..

    ReplyDelete
  9. They asked me if I could see any chance of the The Professionals reforming...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pray is this EnviroArt they asked of me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. They asked me if I'd ever thought of making a book about my work...

    ReplyDelete
  12. They asked my opinion of a scheme to place chainsaw carved figures from the Peter Pan story on all the traffic islands and junctions in Dumfries - How likely to sustainably regenerate the town? A. Very Likely B. Worth Considering C.Over One's Dead Body

    ReplyDelete